Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Been Away

I took a long weekend and flew to the left coast and back. I went into internet withdrawal on Friday, but I managed to complete my long weekend without missing it (after I got my fix at a public library in Thousand Oaks on the aforementioned Friday).

I've not been to the left coast as an adult before. I must say, I see the attraction. The weather is quite nice.

The left coast seems to value walking and biking as physical fitness activities, but not as means of transport. This mystifies me.

Perhaps I'll write about my left coast experience more extensively. Other (possible) upcoming topics include:

  • The Scary Resurgence of the Cold War
  • Google Street View (and its utility or lack thereof)
  • More Thoughts on Batteries
  • China (as seen through the lens of the recent Olympics)
  • Intellectual Property Piracy - Why Not Just Watch The Commercials?
  • My Lust for a 49cc Scooter
  • The Sudden Importance of the Vice Presidential Nominee
Mostly I'll write about whatever I seem to be obsessed about on any given day. No obsession today, so no coherent column.

But I'm back.

1 comment:

Eric Francis said...

San Francisco IS the Promised Land!