Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thank God I Was Wrong

I have to eat a little crow, here…

In the comments from a post just before the election I got more paranoid than I usually allow myself to be in print. I speculated that there would be violence, most likely racially motivated violence, associated with the election of America’s first black president.

I am extremely pleased to say that I was wrong.

Let me repeat that: I was wrong. There’s been no news of Klan-types trying to intimidate voters, or of neo-nazis freaking out post-election and going all 20th-century on any off-white people they could find.

Life is good. I was wrong and life is good.

1 comment:

Eric Francis said...

That said, some windows were broken out of vehicles (including my ex-wife's truck and the car of a friend) that have been blamed on anti-Obama sentiment following the election results. Of course, that's still far better than cross-burnings and mob violence.