Wednesday, November 5, 2008

President-Elect Obama

Barack Obama has been elected the next president of the United States.

My prediction in a post from two weeks before the election was that Obama would win the Electoral College 349 to 189, although I was really hoping that somehow he could inch up above the 359 mark. 359+ electoral votes gives Obama a 2-to-1 win in the Electoral College.

As of this writing Obama has 349 electoral votes, but McCain only has 163. 2 states - Missouri and North Carolina - have yet to be decided. If either one of them goes for Obama then he'll have his 2-to-1 victory.

At a party last night I colored in a map with my predictions. So far my map has been correct. I gave North Carolina to McCain, though, and I gave Missouri to Obama.

It looks like Obama may take North Carolina, but McCain may take Missouri. I can live with that. North Carolina has more electoral votes.

Regardless, it's morning in America. Again. Things are looking good.

1 comment:

Eric Francis said...

I'd been cautiously prognosticating Obama would get 53 percent of the popular vote. Last I saw he had 52 percent. I'd call that within the margin of error.

Now ... we wait and watch.